Old 06-06-2012, 06:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
SoloMio

Sanity,

It really does seem that these "coincidences" come at the weirdest moments, but this is a great piece by Catherine Ponder. I've shared it with other people who feel that life just seems to hit them with Murphy's Law at the worst times--those times are usually places of spiritual growth:

This is a bit old-fashioned sounding (I'm not crazy about the term "chemicalization")--but I love the principle.

Chemicalization - A Cleansing, Healing Process

Recently a civil service employee in a distant city said, "I have your book, The Dynamic Laws of Prosperity, and it is the best book on the subject I have ever read. For a time, I worked with the laws you described and they brought dynamic good into my life. But suddenly, I am frightened and discouraged. The last few weeks, everything seems to have gone in reverse. What has happened?"
That lady was relieved to learn that another dynamic law was working for her-the law of chemicalization.

You've heard it said that things have to get worse sometimes before they can get better; that the getting worse process is actually a part of the improvement process; that what seems failure is actually success being born in the situation. That's chemicalization!

Chemicalization sounds like a negative process, but actually it is a very positive one, a natural, normal one. Though it is an uncomfortable experience, it is worth going through, because it is always a sign that cleansing is taking place. Something higher and better always results from this experience.

When these periods come, remind yourself, "This is nothing to fear. This is not evil. There Is only good at work In this experience. Healing Is now taking place In my world. I rest, relax and let It." As you nonresistantly meet chemicalization in this way, very soon brighter conditions will appear.
(ital. mine)
Emmet Fox has described the healing process of chemicalization:

It seems as though everything begins to go wrong at once. This may be disconcerting, but it is really a good sign. Suppose your whole world seems to rock on its foundation. Hold on steadily, and let it rock, and when the rocking is over, the picture will have reassembled itself into something much nearer to your heart's desire.

Chemicalization means that things are coming out In a better state of affairs than ever before. Regardless of what seems to be happening, It never means anything else. When a physical or mental disturbance arises after your deliberate use of right thinking, it is always a sign that your right thinking is at work clearing out the negative, so that the positive power of good can gain complete dominion of your world.

...You are having a mental, emotional, and perhaps even a physical "spring cleaning." How free, unburdened, and ready for better health and greater health and greater good you will be as this cleansing perfects you and your world.