View Single Post
Old 06-04-2012, 03:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Spes

I need to dramatically narrow my focus. I have read tens of thousands of posts and I see the underlying lessons. Sharing becomes redundant to the search function. I can't do anything for her anymore except wait. I can finish this step study and see how I come out the other end.

How do I humbly ask God to take my shortcomings?

ask and pray. Long walks help when asking.

Which shortcoming is causing me the most trouble right now? What benefits do I get from it? What problems does it cause?

Patience and resentment. Not a damn thing. gives me negative thoughts and feelings.

How can I treat myself with compassion in my recovery and ask for the willingness to keep trying?

Honestly? I'm at the point where I have no choice. It's like being in hospice care with an uncooperative patient.

Do I have a sponsor? If I don’t have one, how can I ask someone to help me?

No. Yes.

What character defects will I have to overcome to allow myself to turn to a sponsor for help?

None

What can I do to cooperate with my Higher Power in removing my shortcomings?

Realize and believe that I can't do a damn thing about it and it is in his hands now.

What positive changes can I make in myself?

More patience; less resentment.

What positive trait do I want to develop or substitute for a trait I want to eliminate?

Kindness

What can I do this week to practice a positive trait?

Go shopping at Walmart with a positive attitude

Have I had any fears removed from my life? Which ones?

Yes. Death

What negative behaviors or traits are lessening or have been removed?

I'm working very hard at not having a need for approval or a need for control.

What slogan could remind me to find a substitute for a negative behavior I wish to release?

if you’re going to talk the talk, you’ve got to walk the walk

Am I able to see challenges as opportunities to practice new character traits?

Yes

Am I able to laugh fondly at my mistakes and not be devastated when I am not perfect? Can I love and celebrate my humanness while working for balance?

Yes....I am a Dad to a wonderful daughter

As I turn my defects over to God, are new shortcomings coming to light? If so, can I continue to ask God for help?

Working on it.

As I work Step Seven, do I see a change in relationship with my Higher Power?

Yes....every day