View Single Post
Old 06-02-2012, 10:21 AM
  # 221 (permalink)  
Saskia

Originally Posted by Deserto View Post
Saskia, glad you're back and glad you're enjoying the Tao of Sobriety. I think HitRockBottom picked it up as well, which is great, because I'd love to hear what both of you liked about it (I had originally suggested it).

I went through a three month stint of sobriety last fall, but I kept slipping, but kept coming back to SR. It was only once I stopped coming back to SR (because I felt "embarrassed") that things went truly south, and they were quickly worse than before.

I think as long as you keep coming back, you're still on the path toward sobriety. And that's sure better than being on the path back to hell

Glad you posted and were honest. No judgement here -- we've all been there
I haven't finished the Tao of Sobriety but am well into it. I seem to do better with good imagery and the image of a cacaphony of voices in our heads and the concept of aligning with a kind and caring voice to work with to become the "manager" is one that hits me in the right place.

I also like seeing that multiple methods of recovery can co-exist and think that they can be reinforcing. (1+1 can result in more than 2).

I appreciate the warm and non-judgmental welcome back posts - they are helping me to feel more comfortable and get back on track. Perhaps the first lesson I am learning is that a slip doesn't need to lead to a slide - as it has often done in the past. I do, however, look forward especially to getting to 30 days of sobriety. Somehow that seems like a major milestone. I think I read somewhere that it takes at least 30 days to make or break a habit.

Today I'm focusing on my sobriety rather than trying to do everything on my endless "to do" list.