Old 06-02-2012, 08:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
dbh

Originally Posted by kpfinn View Post
Other siblings have had weddings and she always creates a scene. I have been the one who had to sit with her and try to keep her from outrageous behaviors. She has cried at the weddings and falls over in the pew, cat whistles while they walk down the isle, changes clothes at the reception table, and in general carries on. Then complains after that she didn't like her seat because the bride had her so far away from the family circle and ps I was there too!
Is this how you want to spend your daughter's wedding?!?

I'm sorry about your sister. I do understand what it means to love someone who is so out of control. However, how she behaves and the consequences she is now experiencing because of HER behavior are completely out of your control.

I actually didn't invite my alcoholic father to my wedding because I was scared of how he would behave.

This is such an important day for your daughter and for you too. I hope that you can detach from your sister and enjoy and celebrate what is suppose to be a joyful event.

All of the energy you're putting into your sister could instead be use to support your daughter.

Best Wishes,

db