Old 10-08-2004, 10:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
ARIES
I choose to live

[QUOTE=splendra]((((((Kathy))))))

He gonna be in pain until he gets totally detoxed and accepts how he has been living his life......his screaming and crying is pretty normal.

Man I remember the first time they put me in a mental hospital(my schrink and my parents)..I was 17
years old smoking pot and boozing boozing boozing..Still I did'nt realise I had a problem..Sometimes people like us (and yes it's hard)have to go through periods like that..It was'nt until my 26 th that I realised I had a problem..And after all those years I'm rather glad my parents did'nt bow under all my beggings to take me home..I should say..let him know you're still are there for him...But he HAS TO realise about his addiction.. maybe you can introduce him to this site..And especialy I think it's very important that you do'nt give him a feeling that he done something wrong(probably he will feel it that way already naturaly)try to make him see that he his ill and that he can't help it but that he needs treatment..like someone replied already for you maybe it's good to keep posting and get in contact with people of nar anon or al anon..Realy as long he doesn't realise that he is sick he will probably feel it like he did something wrong and that he's a bad boy..But it's very good he's in such a place at such a young age..I wish you a lot of strenght and I realize (by now "I'm 31")that it must be very hard for a parent to feel like you can't help him..And in a way it's true..It's all up to him now..Love from Stefanie