View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 03:03 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Uninvited

Welcome to all the new people and I hope everybody is having a great day. My Day 7 has been decent so far. Started at the doctors' for a blood test and check my blood pressure. The blood pressure is down but still high. I won't know the blood test results for a few days. I have my fingers crossed. I also asked the doc to refer me to a counselor/psychologist. I think it's about time I talked to a professional about what's going on. It couldn't hurt.

Then it was off to work. Another stressful day as always, but I actually found myself going to a meeting where I was looking forward to talking to the people in the room. That's new. Normally I just drag myself to the meetings and hope they get over quick.

While walking out the door of work, though, I realized my life is pretty damn lonely. I put myself in this position. Hell I wanted to be in this position so I could drink in peace. But now that the drinking is gone...well yeah. It's a little dull with just me and the dogs. So I'm dragging myself to an AA meeting again. I'm not sure where I'm going to end up with these meetings. I don't feel a glorious recovery when I'm at them, but they are interesting and at least I'm not alone for that time. I think I'll try to talk to more people tonight, but that's definitely outside my comfort zone.

Oh and the best news of all, my face is slightly less red than it has been for a really long time! I can almost see actual skin tone. Haha.