View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 12:59 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
ToxicTonic
Diez de Mayan

Deserto..you asked ''why the blech''. Not every day in sobriety is a good one for me. But I am so grateful today that I got thru the weekend sober! And you know what...even if I'm not happy happy joy joy all the time, I'm going to retract that second sentence...EVERY day that I am SOBER is a GOOD day!
Day 26...hope it sticks
or i'll be sick
and feel like ick! (hey frenchpink, where are ya, trying to keep the rhymes going)

I decorated and presented the cake to a 2 year anniversary baby at my home group today! It was a good meeting and I really enjoyed the reading today which I will re-post ....
start quote TRUE TOLERANCE

The only requirement for A.A. membership is a desire to stop drinking.

TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, p. 139

I first heard the short form of the Third Tradition in the Preamble. When I came to A.A. I could not accept myself, my alcoholism, or a Higher Power. If there had been any physical, mental, moral, or religious requirements for membership, I would be dead today. Bill W. said in his tape on the Traditions that the Third Tradition is a charter for individual freedom. The most impressive thing to me was the feeling of acceptance from members who were practicing the Third Tradition by tolerating and accepting me. I feel acceptance is love and love is God's will for us. end quote

So anywho, I know I need to practice my tolerance and acceptance when people in the program rub me the wrong way, as I am sure I ruffled my share of feathers this week with my verbal tirade Monday!
And you know what...no-one interrupted me during my angry rant, and I have to learn to show the same tolerance to others, even if it means supergluing my mouth shut! Argh, sometimes I just feel like such a prickly pear!
My husband and I are leaving shortly to go for an appointment with an insurance agent (salesmen..ugh) then grocery shopping then another aa meeting tonight. Where I will NOT make a scene (let someone else have the spotlight hahah )
I will *fake it til I make it* and put on my best performance tonight as a PRIM AND PROPER MONA LISA SMILE WITH SERENITY AND GOODWILL OOZING OUT OF EVERY ORIFICE!!!! Because I've learned not all meetings are the same. The people at my homegroup tell it like it is with minimum 'social graces', and the night group I go to is more like a social tea party for the more elite (or so they think) I'm sure they had their share of embarrassing moments like crashing their mercedes into a neighbors porsche..
So I am like a black sheep there...baaaaa....and guess what ...honey badger don't give a flying sh*t...!!!!! OK back to being SERENE now...carry on!