Thread: He relapsed
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 06:27 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by AlreadyAlone View Post
Ya, that really is the question. No point in doing anything until he's out of your hair in jail, when I hope you are able to find some quiet time to center yourself, and think. And if you still can't answer your question, that's OK! It will come in time...
I know, I just keep praying to be in my Higher Power's will. He's only going to be in jail for 3 days, though, then 11 days of house arrest. I will be traveling for 5 of those days so I'm grateful that I will be getting away.

Although it's making me angry, I honestly feel at peace to some degree because I knew it was coming. Not that I needed that kind of validation but at least it was expected. I had told myself back when the DUI happened that I wouldn't stay with him if he continued to drink. I still have to implement that plan. I'm still planning on our trip in 2 weeks and then I'm still planning on going to FL for 3-4 weeks in July. After that time, I will implement a plan and hopefully have a few kinks worked out. The only thing that will help him keep me around is if he realizes he has a problem, starts working a program of recovery, and makes real change in his life.