Old 05-28-2012, 04:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
witharealwinner

I did talk to the attorney when I called to cancel the appointment I made because he insisted on going with me to the "store." That's where I told him I was going that day.

I had been trying to contact the dv's legal advocate and left messages but she never called me back. I will contact them again and hopefully will get some information.

Ever since a few months ago when I spoke to the legal advocate about getting a pfa (restraining order) when I told her everything else that he's done, throwing things at me, name calling, saying that if he takes our twins that I'll "face consequences," etc. and she told me that it would be a weak pfa and that he could too easily fight it, I have felt stuck and hopeless. I have been hoping for him to slap me, or do anything physical to be able to get him out of here.

Yesterday, however, the officer gave me a little bit of hope when he told me that keeping me here by not letting me take my babies and his other violent tendencies by throwing things, the threats he's made, just his general pattern should be enough to get that pfa.

I honestly never felt more completely hopeless as I did on Sat and yesterday when he wouldn't let me take my kids. I just sat here, sad for my children that they were split up on a day that could've been so fun for them. I felt like I couldn't do anything and if I tried, he'd call the police and I would've ended up in jail. Just like another member here (I can't remember her name) who's h had her arrested b/c she "hit" him...even though she didn't. I didn't want that to be me; I could see abf do exactly that. Lie to get what he wants, to control me.

I am so fed up with him and how he behaves, how he treats me, how he'll make comments to my kids about me, making it like he's the innocent one and I'm the one with the problem. My kids are sick of it and eventually I know that our babies will be sick of it. I've told him to stop saying things about me to them; that if he keeps it up, one day they'll grow to resent him.

I don't think he cares.