View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 09:34 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Chino

I wasn't sure about posting last night because I don't know that it offers any ESH to anyone. I was honestly in a bit of shock and needed to share. I'm still kind of in a daze.

I was the first person she called and heard the police officer ask to take her statement. Then I called her apt complex and asked the mgr if she was ok. She said my daughter was a hero and that word is still sinking in.

She's always been like that, so it's not like this is a surprise. She could have died, but so could have that little boy. She could have died a thousand times already from all sorts of things, but so could any of my loved ones. I'm always aware of the dangers my husband and son face every day because of our construction company.

The more I think about this, my after the fact relief that everything turned out well, I realize I've focused so much on her addiction and recovery, that I've taken her for granted. I've taken a lot for granted with all my loved ones. Sure, I take every opportunity to hug them and tell them I love them, but I've slipped somewhere and not taken every moment and opportunity to truly appreciate the gift they are. It's time to change that