View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 06:52 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
puddinface

To all of you wonderful supportive friends...I thank you for reading my post and making me feel so much better about our decision. Your heartfelt replies gave me all the reassurance that I needed to get through the first night! To SeekingGrowth...thank you for your post and I definitely do understand where you are coming from with preparing myself that the worst could happen. To answer your questions...Yes, he did have fair warning (I should say "warnings") that he would have to pack up and leave our home if we were to find out that he was once again using. I had my suspicions for quite some time that he was involved once again with something...just wasnt 100% sure. I really dont know why I didnt follow my gut instinct sooner..because it has always been right...but we gave him the benefit of the doubt. Perhaps I didnt want to face the fact that we were once again back to square one. I began the same old routine...pacing the floors...peeking out the window to see if his car was home...wondering what he was doing behind his closed bedroom door...blah blah blah...the usual. He is 25 years old...so he is not a teenager. We have been going through this with him since he was 14 years old. (He has already done rehab, he has already been in jail) So, down the stairs he comes to go to work and he is flying high on something. We took his keys and told him we would not speak to him until he was coherent. (Once again..he used in my home) My husband told him that we love him but he is no longer welcome to live in our home. The only way he would ever be welcome to come back into the home would be if he was willing to work some sort of program. We took the house keys from him and told him that one of us will have to be home when and if he chooses to visit. As if right on cue....2 hours after he left, he was texting me saying he was sorry for what occured that morning. Once again, manipulating me. This time, I simply said, I too am sorry but this is the way it has to be. I truly am hoping in my heart that he will finally face some responsibilities and consequences and maybe, just maybe his life will start taking a different direction. I pray this everyday. And yes, I am prepared for the worst. He will not be on the street, he has a friend that he has known since childhood that will let him crash there for a while. So for today, I am feeling good about this decision. I know that it is the right thing to have done. I will no longer compromise my sanity over him. Thank you all so much for listening. xoxo :ghug3