View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 06:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Chino

My RAD saved a life today

A young special needs boy was running back and forth across a very busy street today. My daughter became concerned because she didn't see an adult anywhere, so she kept one eye on him.

When she saw an SUV coming, and the little boy running from his yard to the street again, she knew she had to act. She ran out and grabbed him, both of them rolling and tumbling to the other side of the street. The SUV slammed on the brakes and swerved onto the sidewalk.

Another woman, who works for DCS, saw what happened and called the police. When they arrived, the grandpa came out and my daughter said he seemed very confused. The police officer said everything was ok, but the DCS lady said if he didn't report neglect she would report him, too. She didn't budge and my daughter said she wasn't letting the boy go, either.

The four of them waited for the parents to arrive and a formal report to be made. The grandpa had already gone back inside his house.

There are quite a few people out there tonight, who have no idea that my daughter had to choose to save her own life first, before she could save his. I'm full of gratitude for the miracle.