Thread: hello
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 07:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
GerandTwine
Not The Way way, Just the way

The chances that you will be able to develop an ability to moderate your drinking without negative consequences are certainly less than that you will ruin your life by continuing to try drinking successfully. Your quote on another thread indicates this.
"I simply do not understand how to stop drinking permanantly. Part of me wants to but the other part just can't wait until friday night to do it all over again. that other part also wants to drink tonight."
You sound a lot like I was.
I see three things that will bring you closer to making the decision to quit for good.

1 - Understand the "structural model of AVRT" and that becoming dependent upon alcohol is a sign of a healthy body.
2 - Understand that drinking some more has a huge moral aspect to it, as spelled out in "The Art of AVRT".
3 - Understand how uncomplicated it really is to make the decision "I will never drink again." The Big Plan of AVRT.

Life is short and the assault of pleasure that leads to chemically enhanced stupidity is a minuscule experience compared to the vast array of experiences we know we can achieve without drinking.