Thread: money matters
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 05:45 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
SoloMio

Originally Posted by akrasia View Post
I like Dave Ramsey too!

Wicked, I hope you won't be angry at me but I have to share my deep scepticism about the the "dynamic laws" stuff. I like the basic optimism but they can veer into self-deception. I've encountered some long-time adherents of that New Thought/Think and Grow Rich pseudo-science and to be honest not one of them is actually doing well in life (one of them is my MOM). One could argue that they're just not thinking positively *enough* but...
I use the law of attraction principles as a tool--not as a religion. One of the very first things that changed my life was my change of attitude--from one of "woe is me" to one of "let me just do the best I can within my own circle of influence." (Hmm. sounds a bit like the Serenity Prayer) I also skip over the parts about using it to attract things, like BMWs. I simply use the affirmations and the principles of karmic law to unseat my own feelings of victimhood or negativity that I learned being around negativity. Changing my thinking has changed my future--and the Universe is a much friendlier place. I also attribute the 180 turnaround in my finances to books that have told me to expect more not only for but of myself

Men are anxious to improve their circumstances, but are unwilling to improve themselves, they therefore remain bound.--James Allen, As a Man Thinketh