Old 05-21-2012, 02:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sapling

I might get drunk...But should I do this anyway?

You see these kind of things a lot....Questions like this....What worked for me was...How bad did I want this? How bad did I want to never drink again??...If I had to ask a question like..."Should I go to Vegas in early sobriety? (I'm using Vegas because there is a thread about Vegas floating around...Insert Booze Cruise...Drunken Ski Trip....Drinking Buddy's Wedding...Favorite Bartender's Birthday Bash at the strip club.)...I don't care what it is....If I had to ask whether I should do it or not..The answer was most likely...NO. If it was....I have to go to Vegas because my mother was sick and I wanted to spend some time with her...I'd go. If I had to do something I was scared to do...I'd better get over my fear...Grow up...And do it. If it was something I didn't want to do...That meant damn well I'd better do it....If I say..."I don't feel like going to a meeting today..."....That's the one I better be at. Bottom line for me...How bad do I want to be happy...And never drink again?...Answer for me. Whatever I had to do...Or not do....Was taken care of.