View Single Post
Old 05-20-2012, 07:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
theone123

Chronic Marijuana Abuse

Hello Everyone,

I am a 17 year old, and since last summer when I started smoking marijuana I had become a regular user. I started out from only using once a month to every weekend to every other day which lead me to becoming a daily user. then at one point I realized it was effecting my memory. I was not able to remember things like i used to, but even that didnt stop me and help me quit because i was addicted. also I was starting to feel weird when I was high, weird feelings of being uncomfortable in my own body. Then on the last night of spring break this year (4/20) I smoked weed and it messed me up. I was shaking uncontrollably, I was hearing sounds, and had a rushing heartbeat. I couldnt control my own body and felt like i was dying. it was the first time anything like that ever happened. I was scared and wanted to go to the hospital but i couldnt admit to my parents all the horrible things i have done, so I sat there without knowing what to do with my controllable body. The next morning I woke up emotionally scared not being able to comprehend what has happened to me. I remember waking up and crying and feeling as if i just got violated. a month went but and I didnt smoke I felt so much better my memory was coming back and I felt in charge and in control of my life. This weekend I met my old friends for the first time in a year and one of them is a huge pot smoker. He smokes 2 or 3 times a day, more if he had more money. He was stupid, annoying, and child-like. He smoked himself stupid, although he is doing ok in school I felt like I was talking to a child every time he talked. we smoked and it happened again I bugged out, But now i know i never want to do it again.

Also I noticed that his head had not grown much and was actually pretty small. I noticed this about my head too, that it was small compared to others. I think heavy use of marijuana has stunt the growth of our brains. Is This possible? have I failed my intellectual potential because I abused drugs as a teen? or if I stop everything will be fine? I have been so scared since I saw him.