Thread: Checking in
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2012, 05:25 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Chrisy

Having a terrible night and can't sleep, it is about 5 am here. I still have the runs. Lost 12 lbs so far, which is ok, as I need to loose a lot of weight, but I wouldn't encourage the withdrawal diet on anyone. not even my worst enemy. How long does this first step last of getting clean and getting to feel human again?

Posted this forum on my blog, as I hope my dear friend who is on the same oxycodone for valid pain issues like I am will come and join and make the decision to get off this merry go round of drugs that is sucking the life out of us. We both made the decision to get out of a group that was not good for us, and risked fighting them, and now I hope we can make the choice to start the next struggle we must face in order to be healthy in body, mind, and soul. I think the drugs kept us from seeing the reality of who we were involved with. Maybe someday I will share that part of my life. Am taking a break from fighting them, but when I am healthy and thinking clearly, will continue to tell the truth and expose their lies. Not every man you meet and falls in love with you is a good man. Some abuse you, some are involved in somthing that is not good. Yet, they love you and for a while you only see the love they seem to offer, until you are sucked in and the real person comes out and you realize you are involved with someone who would never be involved with if you were thinking clearly. I don't know if anyone can understand that.

Someone posted we have to all go through the withdrawals at some point, so it might as well be now. I hope I remember so when I go back to the pain management doctor, I will tell then no opiate narco drugs. Find other ways and deal with neck issues and solve the problem and not just keep me a drug addict that is wasting away. I can see why some can't make it through the withdrawals. It takes a strong person to make it through cold turkey. I always learned through the school of hard knocks so what else is new.

I hope that this is the last sleepless night. Day four. Though because I was on them so long, it might take me longer to get them all out of my system. I am glad it isn't easy, so I will remember the hell.

I am so grateful I found this forum, and will start na. I was going to go Tuesday night, but realize untill I have my eyes operated on in June I cannot drive at night, so I might have to wait until the Saturday noon meeting, after that I am sure I can find someone who will drive me.

I am a fighter and a survivor. I will survive this as well. Our struggles only make us stronger or they kill us. I choose to overcome and become like good hard steel.

God bless everyone here, who is going through this withdrawals. We can make it through to 30 days. That is my first goal.

Chrisy