Thread: Checking in
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2012, 04:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Chrisy

Thank you for all the good replys. It is 4:26 am here in AZ and I couldn't sleep. Day 3. My headache seems to be gone and am drinking lots of water to try and clean out my system and stay hydrated, though not eating much which is good. I am diabetic so check my sugar levels to make sure they don't get to low.

Part of the problem in the states is that it is cheaper to give us pain pills then fix the problem. Many of us are on state insurance and they don't approve a lot of options. So the sad fact is that for many of us, who have shoulder/neck injuries and problems it is pain or the powerful oxycodone pain pills. If you want to try other methods such as acupunture you must pay for it yourself and it is very expensive. Even massage is very expensive and in my case have been told would only make things worst.

I see my shoulder doctor on the 13th and pt hasn't worked so the next step is surgery and trying to get the state to approve that surgery is not going to be easy. They only allow me to test once a day for my sugar levels. Plus I have to have eye surgery on both eyes, but not on the same day, so now they are going to be asked to pay for shoulder surgery.

In Montana where my friend lives they have clinics that help people and base the fee on their income so one can choose other options. Where I live we don't have that and it is state insurance and they choose oxycodone to deal with the pain, but not the problem.

Yes, it is sad, that so many people have become addicted to opiates.

God bless
Chrisy