View Single Post
Old 05-18-2012, 06:47 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
jitz

well its been about a week I think since my last post on here so thought I'd offer up an update.

I carried on taking the sertraline for a few days even though it was sending me mental, my brain was 'wooly' and I kept having audio and visual hallucinations and was totally unable to sleep for more than 20 minutes before electric shock type feelings would 'zap' me awake again.

This didnt help with my tapering off and I did indulge in a large bottle of scotch and a few beers after I stopped taking the tabs, though I could still feel the effects of them in my body.

It all came to a head last sunday, I had been vomiting with no sleep for about 4 days, as well as the scotch, and I kind of had some wieird fit in the bathroom, my brain must have totally melted down. I had felt it coming on for a few hours, my hearing had gone to pot and my vision kept flickering.

I stayed up again all night sunday, with no booze, knowing I had a doctors appointment on Monday. It got to about 8 am and had to call 999. My anxiety was through the roof, I was still being sick and my heart rate was flying. They took to me the hospital and gave me Librium which helped A LOT. took tests on my BP and heart rate etc.

The doctor said it was probably a combination of everything over the past few weeks, lack of food, sleep, medication, alcohol, stress but all the tests they did checked out ok and they sent in a worker from the local drug and alcohol clinic. I spoke to her for about an hour and agreed to go along to some meetings. That was all, then they sent me home.

I couldn't face going back to my empty ****** flat so laid the entire truth out to my family, who came to pick me up, my mother knows I've been in trouble in the past but she didnt know the extent of my behaviours. Luckily for me they have been very calm about the whole thing and I have decided to move back into my parents house for a month or 2 until I get my head back together. This week has gone pretty well, I have managed to cut the booze down to none in the day and 3 4% beers at night.

The only thing that bothers me is the doctor, I have asked him constantly for some kind of anti-anxiety meds but he just tells me if I feel anxious maybe I am not drinking enough?? Is it just me or is this lousy advice from a doctor?

We will see how this goes now, I have to attend a weekly meeting for 6 weeks at the drug/alcohol place before they will even think about any kind of detox. The more I look into it Im feeling I'd be better off just getting hold of some librium myself and just doing it at home.

Sorry for the long ramble again, it seems a lot has happened this week and I'm still not sure where my head is at.