View Single Post
Old 05-18-2012, 05:12 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
liv1ce

I have been reading through this thread and have found a lot of interesting talk. I had seen AVRT in many locations within this site without having a clue what it was until an earlier instruction in this thread to Google it (duh!). I did and found it really enlightening. I had never handled the "disease" theory as it was so easy to use as an excuse and seems so unlikely. I also couldn't hang onto the idea of inherited or genetic passage of the tendency as it is also a very easy excuse that took responsibility away from myself and also ignores learned behavior from living with abusers.

I found AVRT highly enlightening as it is what I already believe without being previously exposed to the site.

I am now on day 15 of recovering from an oxy habit and as I have felt SOOO much better about life and myself and how happy I was becoming without that awful stuff I kept asking myself why. Why would I give up such a wonderful life. Why would I choose to distance myself from the most wonderful person I could ever meet just to get high? The addictive voice fits nicely.

Another excuse?

In the end it is always a choice and it doesn't matter. Whatever you have to do/believe to get clean is alright by me.