Old 05-16-2012, 04:41 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
nolongerknow

Hi everyone, just to clear up, I have not been taking valium with alcohol this year, so I have no tolerance to it and will not have to withdrawal from it. I was a teenager when I would take handfuls of it while drinking to knock myself out.

I saw the GP on Monday (today is Thursday) and he prescribed me 2 - 3 Valium a night and one naltrexone in the morning. I was also told to taper the alcohol, write it down in a diary, and see him again next monday.

I have noticed the Naltrexone actually is working as far as I feel I basically just 'can not be bothered' drinking as much. I have actually just chosen to go to sleep rather than continue drinking. Last night I went to bed (at 2 in the afternoon) with 3 beers and 1 can of 9% bourbon still in the fridge. This is completely a first I have never been able to leave alcohol un-touched. I woke up at 6:30pm intending to finish my drinks. I drank the can of bourbon, felt like I was basically forcing it down, then just said 'F it' and went back to bed.

This morning I woke up and started drinking my last 3 beers at 830am. I know I'm going to buy alcohol today but I plan to just purchase beer. By next Monday I plan to be down to just a 6 pack of beer. Monday after that - hopefully 3 beers.

The problem I am having is I'm drinking to escape the problems drinking has caused me in the first place. I have no desire to do anything but drink or sleep. I'm not sure if the method I have been told to use and detailed above is even acceptable to this site, I have been doing a lot of reading around here and have not found anything specifically for or against it.

Also does anybody know if it's possible to buy and download the "Under The Influence" book in e-book/pdf format, that book seems absolutely amazing.
Thanks Everyone