Old 05-16-2012, 03:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
TSDD

I have never met anyone who has acheived long term abstinence from their drug of choice with suboxone or methadone. I've seen many fall back to their drug of choice.

I had a family member on methadone clinic for years. they were "weening him down" from 180mg at the rate of 2mg a week LOL. He ended up punching someone out there so they got a restraining order against him (the only way he knew he could resist the temptation to go back and get sucked back in). He sweated and shook for a month or three and is now doing fine.

You want to just switch up your habit, go for it, if you want to live a life free from having to use every day to keep from getting dope-sick you're going to have to suffer a bit. Millions of people have done it before you and you can do it too. You are not alone and every early day you get through without any drugs is one more day you never have to do again.

I would encourage you to check out NA as soon as possible. I found my answers there, it's where people go when their drug use has taken on a life of it's own, stop using and STAY STOPPED.