View Single Post
Old 05-16-2012, 01:47 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Dee74
Administrator

I remember the despair I felt bayliss - I only knew one way of life - and that one was killing me - I was scared to death of change....what the heck was I 'sposed to do?

I trusted the people here who said to stick with it - they assured me that getting into recovery would work out for me....yes it would be uncomfortable at times, it would be a roller coaster ride - but so was my drinking life.

They were right - it did work out I never regretted staying with it.

Yeah, it was tough for a while, at times - but I wasn't alone, I had support - I didn't lose a life, I gained my old life (and the old me) back - and I found peace happiness and purpose to boot

is it not possible to get sober in certain situations?
My old life revolved around drinking and or drugging.

From the moment I got up getting out of my head was the aim. I surrounded myself with people who thought the same way.

This went on for 20 years.

I wanted to get sober so badly I made a lot of changes - sweeping changes - & was glad to do it - it was tough at the time, but it was worth it.

I don't know how far you're prepared to go with the changes in your particular situation bayliss, but you need to put your recovery first, I think.

There's better, safer, uses of your time than hanging out at the Stag and Doe right now, y'know?

D