View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 07:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Veritas1

Originally Posted by kirste View Post
Hi,

I'm new to this site, came across it over the weekend. My intent was to have Saturday be my first day without a drink, messed that up pretty good. Had beer and some schotch. Had the bright idea to finish the scotch last night, not such a great idea. Feeling pretty lousy today. Started really drinking after I go laid off from work and could not get back into my field. I did work until about a year ago, when I went back to school full time. I have been trying to make up for my lowered paid employment and now being in school full time by really working hard around the house and yard, you know to earn my keep. :-). I think my husband now takes it for granted. I have talked to him about it, no change. I feel I need to work on me, make quitting drinking a priority because I have no control of it any longer. I use excuses to drink but feel that I absolutely need to quit and need help doing so. I have read here that AA has helped many people. I want to give it a try. Any advice or suggestions are welcome. Feeling pretty scared. Was also wondering how I could change my user name. Thanks.

What was the intention?
What really happened?
Who did it harm?

~

You can pm Anna for help with changing your user name.

~

I utilize the AA program. Feel free to PM me for help.
Come visit the 12 step alcoholism forum and step study sub forum. Lot's of good info and people there for sure.

You can research AA in your area. If you call the hotline, you can ask for a woman in AA to call you.