Old 05-13-2012, 05:52 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
nolongerknow

Originally Posted by Justfor1 View Post
Just wanted to say that I can relate. I use to be extremely dehydrated & just wanted juice/water but end up with booze also. I barely could walk the 2 blocks to the liquor store in the morning. I wasn't working & it seemed my only identity was being the "town drunk".
It really is embarrassing I used to visit 2 or 3 different bottle stores a day to try and hide the amount I was drinking. Then there were times when I just stopped caring what people think, that's where I'm at now.

The guy at the store around the corner has asked me "do you drink all this to yourself" inquiring whether had a gf or someone I'm splitting with. Those questions cut to the bone cause it makes me realize the absolutely pathetic nature of my existence.

Well I am about to leave the house to go to the doctor and ask for naltrexone or campral and probably get some Valium. But I can feel my whole mind, body and spirit telling me I won't get back home without buying alcohol. I have already nearly cancelled the appointment a few times this morning because I just want to get drunk right now.

The act of "just not buying" in the first place is the hardest part for me, but I have read other people saying this as well..