View Single Post
Old 05-12-2012, 06:58 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Irishgurl

Thanks for the replies...its a load off my shoulders to say it out loud...i come from small town where everyone knows everyone elses business so...my moms drinking is kept a secret... so my friends dont know and i only have brothers who never talk to me about it, they are younger.

Its easier said than done to head off to Oz and live it up for a year or two while my dad left with her....my Dad absolutely adores my mother...if he didnt he would probably let her drink her life away and carry on with his. She cant see this of course.

We are the best of friends, he is the nicest man in my whole life and i no he replies on me to deal with her. Only tonight when i came home i met him in hallway with the most shocked face. I later found out he was with her all evening left her for 20minutes came home and she was after drinking bottle vodka and drunk and now in bed.
I had to listen to him vent for ages and it broke my heart to see him so hurt by her.
He also made a comment twice how lonely the winter will be when boys are back college and im gone....i just feel so bad for him.

Also the anger i have for her not for what shes done to me but what shes done to him or my brothers. I love her cause shes my mother...but i dont like her anymore...its so difficult to feel that way about my own mom. I actually feel horrible about myself to not like my own mother.

What happened us....