View Single Post
Old 05-11-2012, 08:41 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
SoaringSpirits

My AH was drinking at work as well. He owns his own business, so he's the boss, which is unfortunate because there are no direct consequences for his boozing at work. I learned this pretty late in the game, right around the time I booted him out. He would come home in a foul mood and order everyone around and I did not realize it was because he was halfway tanked by the time he got home at 6pm. Then he'd pour his first glass of wine. He'd be pretty out of it fast. Looking back, I know now that he was hitting the alcohol in his office. God knows how many times he's driven intoxicated.

I actually went to his office the day I kicked him out and found 6 huge bottles of vodka stashed there. At that point I knew the problem was far more serious than I'd had courage to admit.

Please have a plan in place for when things go south, because they will. Start organizing finances and protecting yourself. Have an exit plan. It's not a matter of IF, it's a matter of WHEN. It's true when they say this is a progressive sickness. It continually gets worse. I am seeing this in my AH, who has an even more serious addiction a year after I finally drew my line in the sand.