Thread: Big Plan
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 01:30 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
GerandTwine
Not The Way way, Just the way

Beast Territoriality

Originally Posted by Gavinandnikki View Post
Going to France this summer, where it is always party time. [removed pure AV here] Beast is saying " come on, it's France....you can drink moderately and then be abstinent when you go back home". I know that is Beast. [removed more pure AV]

Beast is scared that he won't get booze on vacation.

Now, having said that....I feel SO MUCH better in my regularly busy life sober, don't you think I would enjoy France so much better sober? I haven't been this content, relaxed and downright joyful in years. It is possible that going to France sober would exceed any other visit that I spent drunk. I think that is a strong possibility.

Thanks,
Pam
My post #89 of the AVRT Part 4 thread goes over this idea of Beast Territoriality - the Map of ITS stuff in time and space.

Like searching for a scarce resource that is getting harder and harder to obtain, the Beast will use your memory idiosyncrasies to grasp for ITS Last Vestige of drinking at some "special" place, or some "special" time. Yes, France, that's it!

Once IT secures ITs stuff at a "special" place or time, even if in your mind it's in the distant future, or far away, IT is out of the cage right now, and your AV will chip away, chip away, chip away - AAARRGHHH!

Your last paragraph reveals some of the logic for making a Big Plan, but once made, any reasoning around why not to drink is cast aside using AVRT. At some point your AV will point out the contradiction of how can you be "content, relaxed and joyful" in a "regularly busy life"? and if those good feelings end, you're "sobriety" won't be worth it. Abstinence with the Big Plan is the perfect defense.