View Single Post
Old 05-06-2012, 05:25 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
MTSlideAddict
Journey To Me

Now the begging and pleading begins...

So yesterday my AH was going about ranting and raving on my parent’s answering machine. Then he left a message that my parents interpreted as suicidal, so my mom called me to let me know that he sounded down and made a suicidal threat. I called the police department to check on him. They called me a little later letting me know that he was transported to the ER for fluid levels, but there was no indication of suicide attempt in progress. Later I get a text from his step-mom telling me that he wanted to talk to me or have me visit him in the ER. I sent her a text back saying that I do not mean to be harsh, but speaking to or visiting him at the moment is not a good idea for me. I also asked her how long he would be there so that I could go feed the cats. She said that she understood where I was coming from (she left an alcoholic husband in the past), and let me know that he would be there for a few hours if I wanted to run home to feed the cats or anything.

He was let out of the ER sometime late last night I guess. Today, he apparently was hit with the sobering realization of the destruction his binge has caused. He is sober and writing texts. He called me at work and is wanting to see me. He is asking for another chance and wants to make it up to me. He says that he is sorry and that he made a huge mistake.

Oh yeah…right… I haven’t heard this before. *sarcasm* It’s the same old song and dance that loops US back into the turmoil. Not this time, buddy! I guess all the other “last chances” were not enough for you to “make it up to me.” If nothing changes than nothing will change, and history has a way of repeating itself. I am making the changes this time. I am not strapping myself into that roller coaster again.