View Single Post
Old 05-06-2012, 01:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Beerbottles

Do i need to be here...

Hi all...

Gosh I don't even know why I'm on this site, ok no thats a lie, I do.. I'm just unsure if I really need to be here..

Maybe I'll let you guys decide?

I'm in my 30's and have one young child. I'm married to a wonderful husband.. I've always liked to drink, I'm EPICALLY shy and have always used a drink to ease me into social situations.. I was a chronic binge drinker pre children, I could and would often drink all day and pass out when I lived by myself. I didn't see anything wrong with it, I was young and having fun right??

Fast forward to getting pregnant and I didn't drink for 2 years, my binging days were over... Or so I thought... Lately I have found myself craving a drink but the problem is I never stop at 1... I intend to only have 1 but after that one I go buy a whole heap more...

I even hide empty bottles in my cupboard and refill my glass with secret hidden drinks, so it looks like I'm only drinking one drink..

Every time I do it which is only about once a month these days when my daughter is with grandparents, I feel so guilty the next day.. In fact I can't even have a sip of alcohol without feeling guilty...I dont do anything sill, i haven't caused relationship issues, harm to myself or my child - the only issue is i hide how much im drinking and feel terribly guilty the next day

What's my problem ?? What the hell is wrong with me, is this classed as an alcoholic?

Do you think I need to give it up completely or learn to stop after a few??

So confused