Thread: Strength needed
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 11:12 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
akrasia

Originally Posted by wanttobehealthy View Post
She came to the house this afternoon and met with all of us together (which to me seemed VERY odd but maybe she wanted to see how we interacted?).

I was a nervous wreck, stumbling over words, afraid quite frankly to speak openly and honestly with AH sitting there.

So, AH sat listening to all that she asked the girls and the girls answers and was IRATE. I was and am appalled at the way it was handled. Why, if they think he is abusive toward the girls and/or I, would they have us all meet together?!?!?!

Write a letter of complaint, send it to the head of services, keep a copy of yourself. Keep it short and sweet. Mention that you were not safe and had to answer under duress. Mention that your children's safety was compromised. Tell them you wish to have another interview--a separate interview for you, separate interviews for the girls, and that you wish these interviews to be conducted by Friday 11 May 2012. Send the letter recorded delivery (signed receipt, whatever you call it).

If you telephone the place to complain and speak to random caseworkers, then there'll be a bit of a runaround. If someone does bring it to the boss they'll forget details, etc.

However if you write to the head of services (or whatever the title is), he or she CAN'T ignore it. They'll have all the details and they'll be concerned with getting this right so they don't look bad.

I'm so sorry to hear you didn't get help.