Thread: Strength needed
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 11:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
akrasia

Originally Posted by wanttobehealthy View Post

I am freaking out about the possibility of a) losing my children because AH will distort things and turn it into a witch hunt of me and b) am terrified at how angry AH will be when he is contacted. They will not disclose to him that I called but it will be obvious that I did since no one else but D6 and I and he know what happened.

I know I have to let it go and go with the process but I am afraid.
Dear Wanttobe,

A. You're not going to lose your children. The social services people aren't dumb. They deal with people like your ex every day. They know the witch hunt routine. They've seen the "I-didn't-do-it-and-anyway-she-MADE-me-do-it" routine a million times before, and they'll recognise it for what it is.

B. Let him get angry. Who gives a damn? These angry men with their great big shows of angry anger. He can get glad in the same pants he got mad in.

More seriously: do keep an eye on the process. Tell the caseworker frankly that you're afraid of how desperate/violent he'll get and you want to make sure you and the kids are safe from any reprecussions. Ask her directly what steps you and she can take together to make sure everyone's safe. She's obliged to look after that, but it doesn't hurt having you remind her.

You're doing great! I hope you're reaching out to friends/family. Even if it's just to get a cup of coffee or shoot the breeze on the phone for a while, that can help a lot at times like these, I think.

Hugs.