View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 07:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
peartfan2

New here. Need some opinions.

Hello there,
I need some opinions out there. I have been married for 11 years have 2 boys 9&11 years old. My wife and I are no strangers to partying.Drinking never used to interfear with our lives until the stresses of parenthood turned drinking from a fun social event to a way of medicating ourselves to deal with the daily problems of life. Back in October I recieved my first dui. Since then I have become serious about changing our habbits. A bit to serious for my wife to handle. I think we both have seperate issues. I can go a month without a drink. I dont need it but when I do have it I cant seem to stop. A typical binge drinker. My wife on the other hand on average does not have the much but cant go without it even for a week. She will have 2-3 drinks at least 4-5 days a week. When she does have just a few her personality changes to someone I do not like. She says stupid things, becomes tiried ang groggy, and is just not the vibrant person I fell in love with. We both quit smoking for the longest time and now she has decided to start again. She is accusing me of trying to control her but I just want us to live happy and healthier lives. I feel like we are heading down seperate paths and soon we wont be able to turn back. The thought of having my boys grow up in a broken home is horrifying but something has to give.
Am I trying to be to controlling?