View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 08:32 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
anotherquitter

Day 6. Made it through my first weekend. Had a few cravings when my usual activities would have included a beer at certain points. Also when it came time for that pre-evening cocktail, or opening the first bottle of wine for the night. But I held strong.

Had my first "accidentally took a drink in a dream" on Friday night. Wow, it was super vivid. In my dream I was at a party and accidentally drank from a mixed drink, and then just picked up and opened a beer by instinct. I was part way through and realized what I was doing. Freaky dream experience. If I hadn't read about it here on SR I would have been really blindsided by that one.

Of course on Saturday there was a big going away party at a local bar (all afternoon event) and even though I knew the person and most of the people attending, I stayed busy on a project and kept my distance. Especially after the dream.

Last night I had another dream where someone pored me a glass of wine, and I refused it, twice. Obviously I'm making progress in dreamland.

Happy Monday everyone.