Old 04-26-2012, 01:05 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
stella27

If a man were interested in me, and I were in your shoes, this is how I would approach it:

1. I would acknowledge that positive male attention is intoxicating in your deprived state. (you have.)

2. I would be veeerrrry straightforward with him about your current stuckness in a situation that has to be straightened out before you can spare even a little bit of attention to a male friendship.

3. I would protect my girls, and I would do this by refusing to be alone with this man until your divorce is final and you have custody.

If your AH gets wind of this - and he will, small town, small children, he's a stalker anyway - he WILL use it against you in a custody battle, and he will use it to justfy your craziness and your irrational need to get rid of him and your anger against him that caused you to assault him, understand?

4. I would tell D that you like him, that you will talk to him on the phone - house phone, probably for purposes of the records - and don't get too attached to leaning on him, or you won't heal properly.

5. You won't be alone in public or private with him until this is over, but if he likes you enough, he will wait.

That is my opinion.