View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 10:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lizatola

I swear I wasn't looking for it.....UGH!

You know, just when I feel like I'm getting a handle on step 1, I find some hidden alcohol and get all frustrated. I don't know that he's had a drink since his DUI. I don't even care at this point but what really bugs me is that he says he's sworn off drinking FOREVER, yet he still has stuff hidden. And, I know his defense will be, "Huh? Oh, I forgot I put that there." And, then I go back to thinking that he must think I'm stupid but really I'm smarter now and I know it's all part of the disease.

He loses his license for the month of May and has his sentencing on May 16th. He will be subject to drug and alcohol testing and has to get the ignition interlock thing put in his car by the end of May. Maybe that will encourage him to empty his flask.....or maybe not? I am working hard on getting through step 1, I'm a slow learner. And, I'm making some back up plans for the summer in case he goes off the deep end with his behavior again, I don't think I can go through what I went through all over again. I have been researching places to rent near my grandparents and I have been reconnecting with friends who I used to work with years ago. Basically, I'm preparing myself and focusing on ME and my son for the future.