View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012, 09:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
vinnie302

New here, day 3, Crazy feelings ahead

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to give this a go...again. Have a quick question but first a little background: I'm 31 and have been drinking since I was 16. I used to drink everything including the hard stuff but once I started blacking out and doing dumb crap I had to quit the liquor. So right now I stick to lots of beer and wine. I usually drink until I pass out and haven't vomited since I was 24 (is not throwing up normal because when I was younger I would yak all of the time if I drank too much?).

My drinking patterns and career kind of help me get a few days of a head start on sobriety. What this means is that I work grave shift starting Sunday night so I'm able to not drink that day. Also, I typically only drink on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays. Friday and Saturday I hit HARD. So because of this I am able to get about 4 days in before I allow myself to drink (sometimes I will drink on other days if my day was crappy at work). This is my current drinking schedule. I've been a daily drinker in the past.

The reason why I drink on Thursday is because I start getting this overwhelming energetic feeling that I have NO clue how to deal with. It doesn't feel bad but not particular good either. It's hard to explain. And since I can't figure out how to deal with it I get anxious I just say screw it and drink some beers. This seems to even me out. Anybody have a clue on this?

I also start to get very agitated at everybody. My wife and kids especially. Once I calm down I feel bad about it. How can I deal with this agitation? I try to consciously be aware of it but before I can stop myself I'm yelling and screaming.

I think if I can deal with these feelings and get through the weekend I will have a small but yet huge victory........