View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 09:12 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
stressedwife

Thanks Eight Ball and Anvilhead. I really wasn't planning on saying anything to him. My meetings are 5:30-6:30. He probably won't even be home from work when I leave. I usually go to my Mom's every night to visit and don't get home until around 7:30 anyway so he probably won't even think about it. If he asks I was just going to say I went to my Alanon meeting and leave it at that. If he made a snide remark or something, I would either walk away or say something nicely and then walk away.

I've told my AH before I won't discuss anything of importance with him if he's been drinking. Of course there have been times he has brought things up and of course he swears he hasn't drank that much. Mostly they've been decent conversation but still make me very nervous because he can turn on a dime. My self-esteem if very low as well. As I read my Codependence book, go to meetings and read here, I know I will get stronger and more sure of myself in handling things. My thinking is he won't bring it up because it isn't about him really....and he doesn't think he has a problem so in takling about Alanon even briefly would possibly make him wonder about himself and he doesn't want to do that so if he doesn't think or talk about it, the problem doesn't exist.

I just wish it hadn't taken me so long to "see the light". I feel like I've wasted so many years being like I am.