View Single Post
Old 04-22-2012, 06:19 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
soberlicious

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Originally Posted by hardboiled
Still looking for reasons to keep me steady on this path for the long run, I do worry about when I get bored, stressed or am in uncomfortable situations which is almost always a recipe for booze and shortly thereafter disaster
Everyone, and I do mean everyone, on this earth has experienced uncomfortable feelings at one time or another. Most don't respond by getting drunk or high. So what do people do when they feel this way? I really wanted to know, so I set out about finding out. I too tried to avoid anything and everything that was not comfortable for me. I learned that happiness does NOT equal the absence of pain. I changed the way I look at life and what it means to have contentment. I also realized that all "reasons" for my drinking were simply excuses. There is never a good reason for me to drink, get high, or numb in any way to escape. There will be trouble in life, of that I can be certain. I can face whatever the trouble is head on and not be afraid. Fearless. Free.

Having a good reason to stay the course is just your addiction talking. It tells you that you must have this reason in order to successfully quit. If you stop and think about it and examine closely, it is telling you all kinds of things that aren't true. Seperate yourself from it. What do YOU want?