View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 07:56 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
incitingsilence

My thoughts…

Sub is an absolutely awesome tool for opiate addicts especially for heroin addicts who were the driving force behind it.

This is a last house on the street option, so experiences/results will vary and greatly.

A crutch, no one has the right to say that, unless that is what it became for them.
Trading one drug for another, again it becomes what it does for those who use it.

Miracle cure, no and it never was touted as such.

I have no doubt this drug helped my husband reclaim his life. I have no doubt that the many years he was on it were absolutely necessary for him or why would he stay on it Also I have no doubt that how he used it in every good and not so good way were important too.
His clean timeis because of the chance sub gave him, and he has been off of it for years.

I never understood why family members couldn’t just let the drug be what it is, a chance. Why the need to assign it as something.

I think Dr's who prescribe suboxone should make some kind of other treatment mandatory. I am not sure it that would always help, but it just seems irresponsible not to, IMO!
Personally I think it would be much more fun if doctors treating patients for any type of addiction would make it mandatory that their family to immediately enter a program, and show proof!