View Single Post
Old 04-20-2012, 09:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
kiki5711

I took off work today. I'm emotionally exhausted. Thank you all for your kind replies.

I'm kind of numb. Just relieved that it's quiet in the house at the moment.

What will I do on Monday with Lexy? She has to go to school. I have to work. I don't have the money to hire a lawyer.

I was wondering if, and it's just a thought, if I get a "restraining order" against her, and she shows up at court and I explain to the judge what's happening, and ask for her to keep away from me, but allow me my weekend visit with Lexy and also to ask the judge for her to get psychiatric help, as part of the deal. Do you think something like that would possibly work?

If she is forced to get psychiatric help, at least it's better than nothing.

If I get custody of Lexy, she'd have to change schools, I'd have to change my working hours. I guess we'd all have to adjust for the sake of Lexy. It won't be easy.

I'm just kind of lost today.

The thing is, not even few days ago, I had a talk w/her and she promised to get help, and that she would not drink. She was so happy about getting married, and right the next day it's like the world changed. I have never in my life seen someone go from one extreme to the other in such short span of time.

I asked her, if he's abusing you, why in the hell were you so happy to get married to him? She said, well, things change in one day. WTH? yea, right.

I've met this guy, he's not bad. She is the one that attacks first, then when they try to stop her, she gets bruises and says he attacked her first. She's done that before, so I know he's not making it up. And she's done it while living at home. So, I know it's not made up.

What am I going to do on Monday?