View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 03:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Newatthis34

Trying to start again.

Hey everyone,

I am taking Sapling's advice and starting a new thread to introduce myself. I am 35 years old, married to a fantastic man, with no kids but three lovely dogs! I have had a hard year, exactly one year ago today my mother (then 57) was diagnosed with metastatic lung cancer. She died three weeks ago. I am an only child and we were everything to each other so to say I'm devastated is an understatement.

I have known for sometime that I drink too much. What starts out as partying and fun in college years and in your twenties begins to turn into something far more sinister as you go past 30 and are staring into the barrel of 40. Of course drinking too much is drinking too much, but I've really started to face the fact that my life is passing me by and I want to quit. I've read posts on this forum for months now but only posted myself recently. I need help from everyone here. As i said in a previous post I am at a critical point in my alcoholism, either I do something now or I will continue to slide deeper. I don't want my grief to be an excuse. There are many things I want to achieve in my life, but right now alcohol has scuppered my ambitions. Thanks for reading.