View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 09:07 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  
EternalQ

Hi Guys, I enjoyed reading all your posts and feedback. Phone is weak, so for.now, thank you. It is so helpful.

Had another weirdo mindful moment today. At work.brought my.lunch tray to my office as I planned on making drs appts,.paying.bills.while I ate on my break. I put down my tray, sat down, and suddenly had a strong compulsion to.pray over my food. (which i dont do, except when someone says Grace at holidays, etc) so.i.bowed my head and thanked the power that be, for my food, my job, friends and family, my house, car, dog, even for the things that have annoyed me lately.. i gave thanks. Then i started to eat and again was compelled to.just chew the food, taste it, swallow it, one thing at a time, feel the chair, feel my feet.on the ground.( No calls or computer etc.). Mind you i had no thought to do these things, just a sudden compulsion to do them. Then for the last ten mins after i ate, i meditated...

Who am I, and what have the aliens done with the forner me, is my question.

So, tonite dealt w crap i needed to do, worked on not automatically being negatively reactive in my mind, waited for the middle way a bit.

But also enjoyed watching the dog run about the azalea bushes, leaping in the air to try and catch bees. Took pics of the azalea blooms in the dark for contrast.

Hoping to remember to pause, and stay aware of the now.

Love you guys. :day6