Old 04-16-2012, 06:07 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
jojoba

Originally Posted by LAdrunkard View Post
I attended a meeting tonight that I had attended twice before and had liked a lot. It is a discussion, leader speaks for about 10 minutes. There were about 10 or 11 of us in attendance. After the leader spoke for his 10 minutes a new guy to the group gets up at to take a 22 year cake and proceeds to give his thank you speech with a long drunk-a-log that goes on and on. At about the 10 minute mark I got really incensed and left the room. When I came back at the 15-20 minute mark he is still talking with no end in sight. I went to my seat, picked up my keys, turned, cut him off and said "You're not the speaker, you're just taking a cake!" and walked out in a huff, and he just looked at me and continued to talk and have I no idea how much longer he spoke, he could have spoke another 10 or 15 for all I know. Was I wrong to do this? What would you have done? At what point to you act to stop someone from taking a meeting hostage when there is no timer?
You did the correct thing. You acted as a manifestation of God's will, showing that speaker that he was over-sharing.