View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 05:20 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
EJG123

Honestly I pray for both my D and the BF.

D is still in active addiction, shooting heroin but does not seem as sick as she was last year befoire she got caught and went to prison for a few months. She is 23 soon to be 24. I have avoided meeting her BF. By her account he has had his share of addiction, consequences, remorse, and efforts towards recovery.

I know that he maintains a clean home where he lets her live, he cooks, he drives her around, he cared for her cat while she was in jail, he put money on her books in jail, talked to her frequently, and picked her up from prison when they released her. She stole thousands from him at the height of her addiction and although he expects the money repaid, he hasn't been physically abusive. D says he is a loan shark but who knows what else he may do to make ends meet. D sells herself for drug money but BF is not pimping, just passive about it. The entire situation is sad and beyond my comprehension.

I do have contact with my D and she seems to know better than to expect me to enable her in any way, so I am okay with talking to her. I still pray she will straighten out but I am resigned to the fact that it won't happen until she is ready.