View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 04:47 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
stressedwife

Thank you Eightball. I haven't made a decision to leave him yet. I do know that I have to do something for my own sanity, my own peace of mind. If leaving him ends up being what I need to do, so be it. Right now I am concentrating on me, gathering information, learning about my problems, his problems and how the inter-relate. My oldest daughter is very supportive of me and that is comforting. Before I do anything at all I need to feel stronger. So I'm going to start reading books, keep coming here until I feel powerful enough to tell him I won't buy beer for him at the grocery store every week, that he's responsible for his own beer, that I think he has a problem and I won't be a part of it.

It will be interesting to see his face or hear what he says, if anything, when I tell him that me and the girls are going to an Al-Anon meeting Tuesday at 6 p.m.

I go back and forth about leaving him and I realize that decision will come in time and that I'm not ready to make it just yet. I know that I can't make him stop drinking, that it has to come from him. All I know right now is I have to do something for me...I have to save my sanity. I can't go on like I am.

Thanks for all your input. It is just so very helpful!