Old 04-11-2012, 10:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
BobbyJ

My answer would be No, to having him committed. What good did it do before?

Like I was once told, he is a grown man. He can take care of himself. Or let his mother do it..

You Love him? .......What do you love? The drunk he is today, or the memories of what you once married and the drunken loudness and just being annoying.
Let me guess, he treats you like a queen, sex is great and the kids are happy?
Rethink, what love is.....or what you really have today......

For me, the memories are like dealing with death.
I believe it's normal to grieve the death of our loved ones.

Diggtydamn, I have had the same issues as you. The "love"
part...But I work it everyday.
Love would not hurt, Love would not be selfish, Love would not make me cry, Love would help support the family, Love would be kind, Love would not choose a drink over it's family.....

....TAKE the word "LOVE" out of those lines and "ADD" your husband's name to it.......Example: My husband would not hurt me, My husband would not be selfish...etc....or would he?? or is this just something we DREAM of having?
You get what Im saying??

Sounds like it's time for you to stop doing what your doing, cuz it doesnt sound like
its working very well.....Maybe, you should try moving out, setting your boundries with him, cutting off all communication from him and his mother and start working on you and the kids...Dont you deserve some happiness?? There is happiness out here, trust me, without babysitting and trying to fix an alcoholic.......Happiness is not all about having
a man or a drunk husband..But seeing your kids smile and seeing them smile, because MOM is happy and not all stressed out...You can replace a husband anyday of the week, but you can never replace your kids......Dont miss the boat!!! Your missing out
on so much more in life........

Throw him up in the sky, like a bird. Let him fly or let him fall.........

Time for you to get your childrens nest turned into a happy home!!

Let him and his mother figure out what they need. You need to take care of you!
Because no one else can do it for you.....Just like no one else can take care of him...

MUCH LOVE!!!!!! - I feel your pain, I really do....Just stay on the YOU track!!!