Thread: this sucks
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 08:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

this sucks

The parents of both my D's best friends have now confirmed what I was worried about.

They are not comfortable with their girls coming to my house to play with my girls and are non commital about wanting to set up play dates.

My D's have vacation coming up and ask constantly to have friends over. I have told them that of course they can have friends over and I got 2 emails in the past day from the moms of their best friends saying that they aren't comfortable having a playdate.

I can't blame them but it is upsetting nonetheless. Both moms work in the school district that AH teaches in, both have told me that there is LOTS of talk/gossip about my being arrested and I am feeling judged, ashamed etc...

So, my feeling of last week of support and feeling like people were "seeing" AH as he is, has been replaced with feeling like I am being kicked in the stomach and a rage inside me that my D's are paying the price for their father's evil (and my participation in it by allowing him to stay in my life waaaaaay too long).

How do you tell a 4 and 6 yr old that they aren't allowed to have a friend over bc their friends mom doesn't think my house is safe? Great. Just f'ing great.