View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 09:00 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  
olympia

drinking

Hey all! Checking in....

kam- Congrats on the 8 weeks!

Wildcat- I've had the experience, not of wishing the work week was longer (as I've never worked any job with long term objectives), but of wishing the work day was longer. Day, week- it sure makes the time go by fast!

Johnny- Sounds like you're handling your irritating day with grace. Good for you- hopefully you can count on less irritation in the near future.

I'm just about at the end of Day 51. I discovered today that I've gone down a pants size since I stopped drinking. I'm pretty stoked about this- alcohol really helped me pack on the pounds, and I know I'll be more comfortable at a lower weight. I'm really trying not to obsess about calories, though; that's one thing I DON'T need. In the past, I've always been such an all or nothing person- either 1000 calories a day, or eating all I could pack in and then some. I'm just trying to be more mindful about food now. Hopefully that'll keep working.

faustina- I know that voice you speak of. It sounds like you learned something from your bar experience, though, so that's good. Just keep trying. I know it took me forever to move beyond racking up three sober days in a row, but I was able to push past that eventually. You can push past your difficulties too!

Last edited by olympia; 04-10-2012 at 09:03 PM. Reason: add something