View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 10:46 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

One thing jumped out at me...

I wonder what he would do/say if I told him I wasn't going to buy his beer anymore? I really hate to make waves or listen to his babble but I know I can't live like I have been anymore.

I totally understand wanting to avoid making waves, but the reality is that you are being held hostage by fear of how he will react to a reasonable/sane statement that you are not going to supply him with alcohol as he is an alcoholic.

I thought I could avoid making waves by saying nothing for a long time and all that happened is I got more and more upset and my life got more out of control.

You have a right to not buy him beer and you have a right to let him know his drinking IS a problem for you. He won't like either of these positions I am sure but that doesn't mean there is a damn thing wrong with you for saying/doing what you wish.

He has a problem and when you recognize that you are afraid to set a boundary or set limits for your own well being bc of how you fear the A will react, that is a sign that his alcoholism is far more pervasive than you might think it is.